Monday, June 28, 2004

Tend the Fields You've Been Given.

One of the biggest things me and my wife, Michelle, cherish is HAVIN LOTSA BABIES!!!!



Immediately something in your western mind recoils, does it not? I can guarantee that many more minds on this planet do not shirk this thought, but, rather, their hearts leap at the idea of a large happy family!

Why is this?

One word. Abortion.

We have become a society programmed to kill for convenience.

While other societies grow at such a rate (a normal rate, actually) that we fear our western society will be "overrun" by "third world" strange ethnicities.

"Lions and Tigers and Bears! Oh My!!!"

I say, let it happen!

This world of people will discover many new things about itself as the "end of times" scenario unfolds. One of those things that will become ubiquitous and commonplace - indigenous wisdom.

And the terms in the Bible, "end of times," "end of the age," (in some translations) "end of the world," etc., are SO misunderstood! A lot of people think "the myth of the Bible" (world's all-time bestseller) paints a picture of irreparable destruction. Not so, however. A - the Bible ain't a myth! B - God loves the earth and has great plans to keep it FOREVER!

And in that keeping, my thought is that God planted nuggets of wisdom in all the different people groups (don't you DARE say "race!") and these seeds of wisdom are growing right on schedule. Through the advent of this age of information-distribution, we are discovering the deep, eternal value of these divinely planted seeds.

I STILL believe the Bible is such miraculously compelete record of God's heart for humanity that there will (ultimately) be no suprises. "There is nothing new underneath the sun" as old King Solomon put it. But it will be the sages of those scriptures, who remain unknown to current media, who will show us just how that tribe in Africa came to understand the value of a certain "seed-bearing herb."

The ONLY one who can sort out all the various streams of information and righteously establish their intrinsic worth is the Messiah from Israel, Yeshua.

That's why we will hang upon every word He utters from "Zion" - Jerusalem, Israel!

And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. - (Micah 4:2)

And all of us will offer various degrees of response to this King. Some will tend one field. Others will tend their own and anothers - with joy.

"With My Own Two Hands - Ben Harper

"I can change the world
With my own two hands
Make a better place
With my own two hands
Make a kinder place
Oh- with my
Oh- with my own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands

"I can make peace on earth
With my own two hands
I can clean up the earth
Oh- with my own two hands
I can reach out to you
Oh- with my own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands
Oh- with my own
Oh- with my own two hands

"I'm gonna make it a brighter place
With my own
I'm gonna make it a safer place
With my own
I'm gonna help the human race
With my own
With my own two hands

"Now I can hold you
With my own two hands
And I can comfort you
With my own two hands
But you got to use
Use your own two hands
Use your own
Use your own two hands"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!