Thursday, July 8, 2004

More o' Dat.

This thing about God - Grace. What is it?

It's the receiving and giving and living of ... beauty ...

[n]  a disposition to kindness and compassion; benign good will.
[n]  the free and unmerited favor or kindness of God; "there but for the grace of God go I."
[n]  a sense of propriety and consideration for others.
[n]  elegance and beauty of movement or expression...

I was struck by God's way of grace tonight. I could DO all manner of good. But would I be beautiful by my doing?

I am beautiful (of heart, soul, human stuff...) by God's beholding of me... not by my endeavor.

And what does it matter than I respond to that Soul-Gardener with my own sense of favor for who He is ... Giver, that He is?

It matters all, I think.

We could all strangle each other, I guess (nihilistic bomb cults ARE on the rise) ... or we could live in this

marvelous, amazing, astonishing, astounding, awe-inspiring, awesome, beguiling, bewildering, confounding, divine, dreamy, enigmatic, enjoyable, exceptional, exquisite, extraordinary, fabulous, fantastic, fascinating, formidable, glorious, golden, groovy, heavenly, immense, incomprehensible, inconceivable, incredible, indescribable, ineffable, legendary, magnificent, miraculous, mythical, noteworthy, outlandish, outstanding, phenomenal, pleasant & pleasurable, prodigious, puzzling, rare, remarkable, rewarding, ripping, satisfying, sensational, single, spectacular, splendid, staggering, sterling, strange, striking, stunning, stupefying, stupendous, super, superb, supereminent, superexcellent, superfine, superior, supernatural, surprising, swell, terrific, tremendous, uncommon, unexampled, unheard-of, unimaginable, unique, unparalleled, unprecedented, unspeakable, wonderful, wondrous

sense of

grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!