Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Lonliness and the Myth

Lonliness... reminds me of a Simon & Garfunkel song - "Hello, darkness, my old friend..." Lonliness can be SUCH a freakin' BEAR!

Lonliness only taps at my door now... but it used to kick it down without compunction and ravage my home at will! I remember it all too well.

And I feel compelled to remember. When I see a brother or sister with that far away look in their eyes... my soul resonates and I pray, "Oh God! Deliver them from the LONLINESS!"

With that prayer, on one hand, I would counsel, in agreement with Elisabeth Elliot (from "Passion and Purity") -

"Accept your loneliness. It is one stage, and only one stage, on a journey that brings you to God. It will not always last. Offer up your loneliness to God, as the little boy offered to Jesus his five loaves and two fishes. God can transform it for the good of others. Above all, do something for somebody else! Singleness can be accepted as a burden, or as a higher calling."

But, on the other hand, I think it must also be said that there is a dark combining of twisted notions in today's youth. Young people today have an unreal aversion to marriage... and/or to wanting children! They are raised by the public school (what a truly scary thought) and taught (according to NEA perversions) that marriage and childbirth are anathema... and "alternative lifestyles" to be tested... even preferred! They are told that the world is exploding in over-population (a lie, incidentally) and discouraged from living without chemical abortion (aka "the pill) or other forms of "contraceptive!"

And guess what that does to the lonliness factor? "My old friend" grows by leaps and bounds thanks to your educators!

Change that Myth in your minds.

Love life.
Love children.
Want children.
You'll be a GREAT parent of a large family!
It's an amazingly GOOD thing to be married and have lots of children with your wife!

Try it, you'll like!

And lonliness - that phase of honing, preparation and purification in your life - will be banished far from you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!