Thursday, January 1, 2004

Great Interrupter

The greatest Interrupter of the human experience is the same Hand that intimately and delicately wove you into being...

Psalm 139:
13 - For You formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 - I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well.
15 - My frame wasn’t hidden from You, When I was made in secret, woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 - Your eyes saw my body. In your book they were all written - the days that were ordained for me - when as yet there were none of them.
17 - How precious to me are Your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
18 - If I would count them, they are more in number than the sand. When I wake up, I am still with You.

As Michelle and I were praying for our friend's whose baby had a strange, unclassifiable fever and immune activity, the thought occurred to us that when God heals, He's interrupting a certain flow... the flow of this world without it's Maker is entropy. It's decay and death. But God changes that 2nd law of thermodynamics! He lifts broken people, restores them from the inside out and sets them on high with princes and princesses (and what a delightful contrast it is when that happens!)!

1Sam. 2:8 He raises up the poor out of the dust, He lifts up the needy from the dunghill, to make them sit with princes, inherit the throne of glory: For the pillars of the earth are Yahweh’s, He has set the world on them.

Psa. 107:41 Yet He lifts the needy out of their affliction, and increases their families like a flock.

Psa. 91:14 "Because he has set his love on me, therefore I will deliver him. I will set him on high, because he has known My Name."

Psa. 40:1 I waited patiently for Yahweh. He turned to me, and heard my cry.
2 He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay. He set my feet on a rock, and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise to our God. Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in Yahweh.
4 Blessed is the man who makes Yahweh his trust, and doesn’t respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5 Many, Yahweh, my God, are the wonderful works which You have done, and Your thoughts which are toward us.

Some good thoughts to start the day with... the month... even the year! Have a good year, my friend!

And speaking of weaving wonderful human substance!!! Cigars are in order!!! Today (most probably) my brother Don and his wife, Lori, have delivered their first baby boy! Good job, you two! Great job, God!!!

Side note about a wonderful website: Jeff Bridges does lifting work for God, I think... even if he doesn't know His Name... yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!